Employee Assistance Program
Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a service to employers and their employees. Offered by forward-looking firms as part of their benefit packages, EAP is a ready resource that employers and employees can turn to before personal difficulties escalate and interfere with job performance. Services are provided promptly in a private and confidential setting. Since there are no waiting lists, appointments can be scheduled within two days of the initial contact.
A wide range of problems are addressed through the program’s counseling and education services:
- Workplace concerns
- Marital or relationship problems
- Alcohol or drug problems
- Depression and/or anxiety
- Difficulty managing stress
- Financial problems
EAP offers brief therapy for issues that require basic problem solving and short-term treatment. If the initial assessment indicates that a more sustained response is needed, EAP assists in connecting employees to professionals who are skilled in treating the identified issue.
Other EAP services include:
- Training on assorted workplace issues (stress management, wellness, conflict resolution, substance abuse, depression, parenting, sexual harassment, and violence prevention)
- Ongoing consultation to employers
- Supervisory training
- Assistance with policy development
- Providing a framework for achieving a drug-free workplace
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD): It’s good to know where to turn if a traumatic event occurs in the workplace.